Outdura’s headquarters are located in a historical building originally known as the Hudson Cotton Mill.
Construction of the mill began in the spring of 1904, and was shipping yarn later that same year. Steam powered for the first 20 years of its operation, the mill was converted to electric power in 1924. It produced top-quality combed yarns, in single and ply, put up in cones, spools, warps and skeins; and also made orlon and various blends of cotton with nylon, orlon and Dacron.
By the early 1950’s, the mill was completely air conditioned for the comfort of the workers and used humidifiers of the latest type. he mill was recognized as being one of the most modern in existence. The mill was acquired by Shuford Mills in 1968, which began weaving solution dyed acrylic in the 1990’s.
Today, Outdura and Sattler AG are proud to carry on the legacy of the original mill founders, and the loyalty of its employees and customers over generations.